The services of Road transport are carried out throughout the Nation & around the World with vehicles ranging from small delivery vans to large road trains. The loading ability is either an exchange body that can be moved to another method of transport, typically sea or air, or fixed on the vehicle. Road transportation benefits are its mobility and capacity to move far out to clients and the safety of goods because a driver always involved is there.
The capacity of a shipment can range between a bundle up to a full truckload. The boundaries are the loading ability, based on road load carrying ability and a maximized range of vehicles, and driver’s dependence. Additionally, increasing traffic jam complications is a disadvantage in some regions.
Below are some benefits and drawbacks of Road Transport:
Road transport has various benefits comparison to other approaches of transport:
- Less Capital Expenditure
- Service in Rural Region
- Door to Door Solution
- Appropriate for Short Distance
- Flexible Solution
- Saving in Packing Cost
- Lesser possibility of Damage in transport
- Less Price
- Rapid Speed
- Feeder to other Modes of Transit
- Private Owned Vehicles
In spite of numerous merits, motor/road has few serious boundaries:
- Breakdowns and Accidents: More possibilities of breakdowns and accidents in case of road transport.
- Seasonal Nature: During flood and rainy season, roads become unsafe and unsuitable for use.
- Slow Speed: The speed of road transport is generally limited and slow.
- Unfit for Bulky Traffic and Long Distance.
- Deficiency of Organization: The road/motor transport is generally less organised.